Landa's Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
During these unprecedented times as many states and localities are instituting shutdowns and shelter-in-place orders, Landa is also adjusting our business so that we can more effectively serve the communities in which we serve.
Landa's cleaning and sanitizing products and equipment are critical to our nation’s efforts to combat the spread of the coronavirus, or COVID-19. It is imperative that Landa maintains its operations to ensure that other critical industries and front-line service responders can do their essential work in a safe and clean environment. Following the guidance of the Department of Homeland Security, Landa is considered to be an "essential business" and will remain open even in the event that one of its locations is in a jurisdiction where "stay at home" or "shelter in place" orders are in place. We will continue to monitor these orders as they are amended and new orders are issued.
Continuing to Manufacture Products
Landa has adjusted production schedules and is now producing and delivering our most in-demand disinfection equipment at a record pace, such as the PS 4/7 Bp Mister. Even with this increased effort, we have record backlogs for this now vital equipment. Our pressure washers, commercial cleaners, vacuums, and detergents are also seeing increased demand from important front line service providers and governments, such as national health care providers, children's hospitals, and the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
Safe Working Environment
Landa is also taking extra precautions to ensure that we maintain a safe work environment for our employees and reduce the risk of infection from COVID-19. We have consulted the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and other expertise to develop these steps:
- Implementing policies and practices for all employees, contractors and visitors to engage in social distancing;
- Mitigating community spread of COVID-19 by emphasizing the need for all employees to practice good personal hygiene, such as frequent and thorough hand washing;
- Sending employees home who report symptoms that could be related to COVID-19 or who are one or two degrees of separation from someone who might have contracted the virus;
- Ensuring our facilities are sanitized and cleaned regularly and thoroughly, including using our own cleaning equipment;
- Permitting only regular and contracted employees assigned to a designated work site to be physically present in that area;
- Isolating anyone who has been potentially exposed to COVID-19;
- Restricting outside visitors with minor exceptions such as truck drivers who are allowed only in separate rooms;
- Ensuring that all non-essential personnel are able to work from home and have the proper resources to do their jobs.
Landa is taking these steps to ensure that we remain a viable supplier of critical cleaning and disinfection equipment. We ask you to join us and redouble our efforts to safeguard the continued supply of essential cleaning equipment that will help our communities to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus.